ECAI 2020 CALL FOR PAPERS
Click here to view the CFP from a text file. The biennial European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ECAI) is Europe’s premier venue for presenting scientific results in AI. Under the general theme “Paving the way towards Human‑Centric AI”, the 24th edition of ECAI will be held in Santiago de Compostela, a UNESCO’s World Heritage City which is the destination of unique Routes that cross all Europe since the Middle Ages. The conference dates are August 31-September 2, 2020, with the tutorials, workshops and other events taking place on August 28-29. Save these dates! The Program Committee of the 24th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ECAI 2020) invites the submission of papers for the technical program of the Conference. High-quality original submissions are welcome from research results and applications of all areas of AI including the following ones.
- Agent-based and Multi-agent Systems (MAS)
- Computational Intelligence (CI)
- Constraints and Satisfiability (CS)
- Games and Virtual Environments (GAME)
- Heuristic Search (HEU)
- Human Aspects in AI (HAI)
- Information Retrieval and Filtering (IRF)
- Knowledge Representation and Reasoning (KRR)
- Machine Learning (ML)
- Multidisciplinary Topics and Applications (MULT)
- Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Planning and Scheduling (PLAN)
- Robotics (ROB)
- Safe, Explainable, and Trustworthy AI (XAI)
- Semantic Technologies (SEM)
- Uncertainty in AI (UAI)
- Vision (VIS)
(All deadlines 23:59 UTC-12)
- 15 November 2019 — ABSTRACT submission (STRICT DEADLINE)
- 19 November 2019 — PAPER submission (STRICT DEADLINE)
- 18 December 2019 — Rebuttals start (23:59 UTC-12)
- 20 December 2019 — Rebuttals end (23:59 UTC-12)
- 15 January 2020 — Notification of acceptance/rejection
- 20 February 2020 — Camera-Ready due (23:59 UTC-12)
- 31 August-2 September, 2020: ECAI conference (RESCHEDULED)
Types of papers
Two types of contributions are admitted in ECAI2020:
- Scientific papers, which report novel research in AI and must not exceed seven pages plus one of only references
- Highlight papers, which are two pages abstracts (including references) that highlight your favorite recent technical work (possibly appeared elsewhere), position, or open problems with clear and concise formulations of current challenges. The aim of these papers is highlighting important results to a wide audience.
All submissions will be subject to peer review by the ECAI 2020 Programme Committee. Scientific papers will be evaluated based on relevance, significance of contribution, impact, technical quality, scholarship and quality of presentation. During the rebuttal phase, the (primary) authors of submitted papers will be offered the opportunity to respond to the reviews for their papers before the final decision on acceptance or otherwise is made. Highlight will be reviewed following guidelines specifically tailored to their special nature.
Submissions must be original and should not have been formally published, accepted for publication or under review. Also, submissions must not be submitted elsewhere during the ECAI 2020 reviewing phase.
Formatting and Submitting
All kind of papers should be formatted according to the ECAI2020 formatting style. Details are available at ECAI2020 website.
Submission and review of papers for ECAI 2020 will be managed via Easychair:
Scientific papers cannot exceed (7+1) pages and highlights papers must not exceed two (2) pages. Overlength submissions will be rejected without review.
As usual for ECAI, submissions are NOT anonymous. According to the template, names of authors should be stated in the manuscript.
Proceedings and Presentation
The proceedings of the conference will be published by IOS Press and made freely available at the IOS website. The chairs of ECAI2020 are currently in negotiation with well-known journals to seed special issues of ECAI papers. The details of this arrangement will be confirmed shortly.
The authors will be responsible for producing camera-ready copies of papers in PDF format, conforming to the ECAI2020 formatting guidelines for inclusion in the published proceedings of the conference. At least one author of each accepted paper is required to attend the conference to present the contribution.
Workshops, Tutorials and other Events
Separate calls will be issued for workshop and tutorial proposals, as well as for contributions to PAIS 2020, the Prestigious Applications of Intelligent Systems Conference.
Also, ECAI2020 will have a special focus on Starting AI Researchers. Under the “Mentoring and Communication for Starting AI Researchers (MC4SR)” umbrella, ECAI2020 will feature several training activities which include:
- STAIRS 2020, the 9th Starting AI Researchers Symposium
- Doctoral Consortium
- Three minutes tesis
- Lunch with an EurAI Fellow
- Job Fair
Finally, other AI-related events will be announced, specially addressing the role of AI in Europe (and vice-versa) with special focus on the Conference general theme. Some of them are:
In the ECAI2020 exhibits area we will feature companies and institutions offering their services, as well as demos and some of the previously described events.
Synergies with other conferences
ECAI 2020 has coordinated with AAAI 2020, IJCAI 2020, AAMAS 2020 and ICAPS 2020 for deadlines and synergies. In particular, ECAI 2020 and ICAPS 2020 have an agreement so that in specific cases the ECAI 2020 PC may decide to transfer a paper on Planning and Scheduling to ICAPS 2020 (provided that the permission to do so has been given by the authors in the submission form), and viceversa.
FAQ for Reviewers
A list of FAQ is available here.
Contact and Updates
Any questions about ECAI2020 Scientific Program should be directed to the Program Conference Chair:
Giuseppe De Giacomo
Updates at ECAI2020 Website: www.ecai2020.eu
Follow us on Twitter: @ecai2020